Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#3 Lake Tahoe

A clear bright blue sky, mountains, vibrant green trees and a clear lake is all you need to go away and relax. The bright blue sky's air is so fresh that when you take a breath in it's so different to you. Your use to having city air filled in your lungs. Great tall beautiful mountains tower any sky scraper that you see in New York. Or if you don't go too far, just right in the twin cities. Mountains that are covered in white snow and fun to go skiing or snowboarding on. In the summer you could do some rock climbing. Just looking at the vibrant green trees makes me want to climb all the way to the top to get a better look at the landscape. Tall, strong, wise, old trees. No one would ever cut down these gentle giants. The clear blue water that you can look through when your underwater. There's no nasty seaweed or algy covering the bottom of this crystal blue water. In the winter you can do ice skating or play some hockey out on the lake. Can't you just see little kids playing hockey on the strong clear sheet of ice. At night you can hear the bugs, birds, small mammals getting ready for bed. The best part is that you can hear yourself think. Time all by yourself and you can figure out what you want.

3 comments:

Jack Bauer said...

I really enjoyed how relaxing and calming your description was. I could relate to the majestic view and how we need to enjoyh it. I felt that I was actually there when reading this and boy was that awesome! However, there were a couple of spelling errors that made it difficult to keep reading (algy, your, twin cities). I also think you used too many descriptive words that kind of made it overbearing at times (tall, strong, wise, old trees). Other than those few little things, I really loved reading this description.

smiley said...

Your description reminded me of something you would see in a travel magazine. It really made me want to go to that lake. I didn't see any metaphors or similes in your description though, and I would have liked to see them. I think that you used too many adjectives. There were five used in the first sentence alone. I also thought that you could have used a different word for nasty in the sentence there's no nasty seaweed or algy covering the bottom of this crystal blue water. The last sentence was a little confusing. You should have it say "You can figure out what you want when you have time to yourself." Your description made me want to go to Lake Tahoe, but using metaphors and similes in your description instead of a bunch of adjectives would have added a lot to it.

alle said...

Your description on Lake Tahoe was very calming and relaxing. It really made me want to take a vacation there. I really enjoyed all the descriptive words you used to describe all that you saw and noticed about Lake Tahoe. I think that instead of talking about the twin cities you should just keep talking about Lake Tahoe. Otherwise it gets a little confusing because I wasn't sure when you were talking about the twin cities or Lake Tahoe. Or if you wanted to talk about the twin cities you should make your transitions clearer.